Imperial College London is looking for dedicated candidates for a fixed term position at the Brevan Howard Centre for Financial Analysis in the context of research work carried out in collaboration with the Leverhulme Centre for Wildfires, the Environment and Society.
You will work as part of a team of post-docs and experienced researchers from Imperial College Business School (Finance Department), as well as other departments and centres throughout the College. You will contribute to independent and original research exploring the economic impact of physical and transition climate risks with the aim of generating real world impact from academic research.
Duties and responsibilities
This role would involve a high degree of teamwork and interdisciplinary research. Duties will cover all aspects of the research and involve working jointly with Dr Enrico Biffis and researchers associated with the Brevan Howard Centre for Financial Analysis, the Leverhulme Centre for Wildfires, Environment and Society, as well as the Centre for Climate Finance and Investment and the newly launched Sustainable Tech Lab at White City.
The task areas include the following:
- Development of wildfire modelling tools amenable to integration into standard asset pricing models, with a strong focus on jointly capturing spatial and temporal features of risk.
- Estimation of the economic impact of wildfires and mega-fire across different economic sectors.
- Assessment of wildfire risk in the context of nature-based climate change mitigation solutions.
We seek a committed researcher who preferably possesses the following professional and personal qualifications:
- Excellent quantitative and coding skills
- Knowledge of standard econometric methods, including panel data methods
- Familiarity with dynamic asset pricing theory and/or the theory of stochastic processes
- Industry or research experience in the above topics
- Willingness to collaborate with researchers in different disciplines as part of a multi-disciplinary research project
- Comfortable with working independently
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
This is a fixed-term contract for 27 months.
Appointment will be made at the bottom of the salary scale.
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as Research Assistant within the salary range £36,694- £39,888 per annum.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Megan Irving – firstname.lastname@example.org
About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is the UK’s only university focussed entirely on science, engineering, medicine and business and we are consistently rated in the top 10 universities in the world.
You will find our main London campus in South Kensington, with our hospital campuses located nearby in West and North London. We also have Silwood Park in Berkshire and state-of-the-art facilities in development at our major new campus in White City.
We work in a multidisciplinary and diverse community for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle the big global challenges our complex world faces.
It’s our mission to achieve enduring excellence in all that we do for the benefit of society – and we are looking for the most talented people to help us get there.
Please note that job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
All Imperial employees are expected to follow the 7 principles of Imperial Expectations:
- Champion a positive approach to change and opportunity
- Communicate regularly and effectively within, and across, teams
- Consider the thoughts and expectations of others
- Deliver positive outcomes
- Encourage inclusive participation and eliminate discrimination
- Develop and grow skills and expertise
- Work in a planned and managed way
In addition to the above, employees are required to observe and comply with all College policies and regulations.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment for all. We therefore encourage candidates to apply irrespective of age, disability, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation. We are an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Disability Confident Leader and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com.
- Reference BUS00408
- Date posted 21 October 2021
- Closing date 7 November 2021